Experience U.Lab @ Impact Hub Geneva
- Do you want to learn a powerful framework and a method for profound change, both individual and collective?
- Do you want to innovate, prototype and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals?
- Are you ready to embark on a transformative journey to be more connected to the more authentic aspects of who you are and discover how you can have an impact on the system around you?
Are you up for the challenge? Starting 21 September, the Presencing Institute and the Impact Hub network are partnering up to bring the open 13-week online edX/MITx course U.Lab: Leading from the Emerging Future to 40+ Impact Hub locations around the world.
Get involved by joining us on Thursday September 14th at 19h15 at Impact Hub Geneva for the introduction and information session or by registering below!
Why u.lab ?Many of the problems we face with how our goods are produced, distributed and consumed don’t have easy answers. People locally and globally, whether citizens, local businesses or large manufacturers, struggle to see the bigger picture, or understand how to make an impact. We need a different approach.
What is u.lab ?It is a way of leading profound change that has been developed by action researchers at MIT, and practiced by leaders around the world for over 20 years. From Sept. 21 to Dec. 21, we will host biweekly coaching circles at the Impact Hub to put in practice collectively what we learn in the online modules independently. See the complete syllabus here.
Sustainable Living as the u.lab focusMany of us want to achieve sustainable development and curb global warming. What if here in Geneva we developed sustainable living solutions that enabled ordinary people to adopt eco-friendly lifestyles ? For example:
- consuming consciously and according to needs instead of excessive consumerism;
- reducing waste and increasing recycling, reusing or composting;
- shifting to a low-carbon economy and society in the near future.
For whom ?We are convening a group of 12 people for a 13-week programme to jointly find these answers for Geneva and beyond. Entrepreneurs, retailers, manufacturers, students, caterers, distributors, policy-makers, innovators, activists, writers and anyone interested in a sustainable future – come and join us.
When ?Information session to see if this is really for you.
- September 14th, 2017 at 7:15pm
- September 21st, 2017
- October 19th, 2017
- November 9th, 2017
- December 14th, 2017
Benefits to you:As a result of participating in the programme you will:
- Learn new tools in listening, facilitation and connecting with others that you can take back to your organisation
- Accelerate your ideas for a better Geneva as part of a group of energetic and optimistic people
- Build lasting relationships with local changemakers
- Get access to meeting space and resources to develop your ideas beyond the course
- Optional membership (40 CHF per month)
- This course is enabled through the Creative Commons License by the Presencing Institute - Otto Scharmer.See full licensing details here.
Why opt for the U.Lab @ IHG Membership?As participants of the free online course U.Lab: Leading from the Emerging Future, you are free to organise your own hub. So why become an IHG member for your U.Lab journey? U.Lab is an online course that invites offline engagement and prototyping; indeed, this is essential to deepening your understanding of the material. Impact Hub Geneva’s vibrant community offers a great environment for learning, connecting and prototyping - so that your ideas can actually manifest with the support of like-minded players with common intentions. You’ll be part of a global community of over 11,000 other Impact Hub Members worldwide.
The U.Lab @ IHG Membership includes the following benefits:
- A biweekly meetup space to make sense of & practice the learning material, and support your U journey in project groups.
- A connection to people in our impact ecosystem - entrepreneurs, changemakers and regional stakeholders - who are working to create a world that works for all.
- A hosted environment that will support your journey through the U.Lab experience to bring the course and your ideas to life.
- A beautiful and well-equipped meeting place for the live sessions and group activities with your fellow U.Lab participants.
- Connect Impact Hub Membership benefits, such as access to community events and our own online network Impact Hub Net.
JOIN US ON YOUR U.LAB JOURNEY @ IMPACT HUB Geneva
Sign up by filling in the form bellow. Please select whether you want to take part in the live streaming sessions or the membership. ...don't forget to join us for our Kick-off Session on September 14th!