Please note that the date/time of this event has been changed to September 1st, 08h30 – 13h00.
Do you need a website but lack the financial resources to outsource this or the know-how to do it yourself? Squarespace is one of the simplest and most inexpensive platforms you can use to create a beautiful website.
Whether you are an entrepreneur, a startup, running a small non-profit or a small business owner, this hands-on masterclass will teach you how to build your own website from scratch
Over the course of the class, you will learn how to set up and manage a website and make it search-engine friendly. You will also receive input on how to make your site look stylish and professional, as well as expert advice on how to write your content in a more web/audience friendly manner.
This class is entry level for people with no previous experience of setting up websites.
- An overview of setting up and managing a new website on Squarespace
- Adding pages to your website and editing text
- How to style your website with logos, colours and fonts
- The basics of SEO: expert advice on how to make your site search engine-friendly
- Preparing images and creating picture galleries
- Integrating social media accounts and creating a contact form
- Quick overview on how to set up your online shop or donation page
- Integrating your website with MailChimp for capturing emails
- Handouts with advice and links to help you create your website and continue working on it at home
- Q&A and feedback on work carried out during the class
What to bring…
- Ahead of the class you’re strongly encouraged to put some thought into the content and branding of your website – for example, colour preferences, text for different pages, and any images, illustrations or logos you’d like to use. A document brief to assist you with this will be sent out upon registration.
- You’re also encouraged to bring along your laptop and include some text and images to use when building web pages during the class.
The class will be limited to 8 participants to allow the instructor to address specific needs.
As you continue building your website after the masterclass, you are entitled to an hour’s complimentary coaching session with Kathleen, valid for three months.
Further to the organiser description below, Kathleen has been building websites for ten years now. She has been using WordPress and more recently Squarespace to help clients and non-profits build their websites and initial online presence. Her most recent work includes www.twobilioneyes.org, www.giving-women.ch, www.hintlabs.com and her own website www.kathleenholmlund.com.
Contact Person at the Impact Hub Geneva
For more information about this and other Enabling and Facilitation workshop opportunities, please speak directly to Cynthia (Enabling and Facilitation Coordination) or contact her here.Back to all Events