Accelerate2030 meets Geneva: Unlocking Financing for the Missing Middle
Unlocking Financing for the Missing Middle
Wednesday, October 5, 2022 From 16:00 to 17:30 (CET) Centre International de Conférences Genève – Room C
The aim of this event is to highlight the voices of entrepreneurs from the Global South and engage them in conversation with the Geneva ecosystem, particularly investors driving financial solutions and leaders from the development sector who affect the framework conditions for funding to be channeled to the SDGs.
During the event entrepreneurs will present their innovative and regenerative solutions for the SDGs, investors will present their innovative financial solutions (including those enabled by innovative technologies such as blockchain and cryptocurrency investment platforms), and we will engage in a joint conversation with a panel representing all the different sectors to discuss the financial gap preventing promising solutions from scaling.
The event offers opportunities to connect with the entrepreneurs innovating for the SDGs globally, and learn from leaders in the development sector and investors about the opportunities and challenges in driving finance to scale entrepreneurial solutions for the SDGs in emerging markets.
Launched out of Geneva in 2016, jointly by Impact Hub and UNDP Geneva, Accelerate2030 has become the world’s largest program for scaling entrepreneurial solutions towards the SDGs, implemented across 33 countries in Africa, Asia, Latam, East Europe, supporting nearly 500 entrepreneurs over the past 5 years.
Speakers & panelists:
- Ambassador Christian Frütiger – Assistant Director General, & Head of Global Cooperation at the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
- Sahba Sobhani – Director of UNDP’s Istanbul International Centre for Private Sector in Development
- Jean-Philippe de Schevrel – Founder & Managing Partner of Bamboo Capital Partners
- Morgane Loisel – Advisory & Partnerships at iGravity
- Mauricio Schneider – Co-founder & Chief Revenue Officer of Solubio (Brazil) – Accelerate2030 entrepreneur alumni
- Arun Prabhu Stanley – Co-founder & COO of Landcent (China and Netherlands) – Accelerate2030 entrepreneur alumni
- Ljupka Mitrinoska – Co-founder & Global Progam Manager, Accelerate2030
This event is organized by Accelerate2030 & Impact Hub Geneva, InTent, Impact for Breakfast, Baraka Impact Finance, and the Cardano Foundation, as part of Building Bridges Week 2022.
Building Bridges is a joint initiative, launched in 2019 by Swiss public authorities, the finance community, the United Nations and other International partners to accelerate the transition to a global economic model aligned with the SDGs.
See other Events