In partnership with +Acumen, the world’s school for social change, we are offering a 7-week blended learning course comprising:
- 5 online modules
- 7 in-person workshops, designed and facilitated to strengthen the learning experience and apply the concepts in practice, including a Kick-Off Session and a Debrief/Celebration Session
The modules will introduce you to the key mindsets and methods for strategically approaching environmental sustainability and social impact. The Community of Practice (peer learning group) will enable you to solidify acquired knowledge through peer-to-peer exchange. Read the full course description here.
All course materials are available in ENGLISH and in FRENCH.
There are two components to the Community of Practice: the online course and the in-person workshops. The online modules are followed autonomously in your own time. The in-person workshops will take place every Monday evening from 18:00 to 20:00 for the duration of the course. Tea, coffee and healthy snacks will be provided.
ONLINE COURSE STARTS: Tuesday, February 19th
IN-PERSON PEER LEARNING SESSIONS:
Monday, February 18th
- Global Kick-Off: Meet your peers and define your focus topic
Monday, February 25th
- Workshop Module 1: The link between poverty and the environment
Monday, March 4th
- Workshop Module 2: Mapping the socio-ecological system
Monday, March 11th
- Workshop Module 3: Circular economy
Monday, March 18th
- Workshop Module 4: Behaviour change for environmental conservation
Monday, March 25th
- Workshop Module 5: Natural capital and making the business case for environmental conservation
Monday, April 1st
- Debriefing, celebration and next steps
ONLINE COURSE ENDS: Wednesday, April 2nd
A certificate of completion is awarded by +Acumen upon completion of all modules and assignments.
This course is directed at social entrepreneurs, conservation entrepreneurs, corporate intrapreneurs, or any other person wishing to better understand, communicate or incorporate environmental sustainability and social impact to their core activity. It is also an opportunity for career-shifters to redefine their orientation and discern their niche within the increasingly relevant field of sustainability. Most importantly, this course provides a framework for designing your own social entreprise.
As a result of participating in the DESSI-CoP you will:
- Design a social enterprise, fictive or real, that responds to a local environmental challenge
- Equip yourself with the mindset and methods needed to approach environmental sustainability and social impact, applicable to your organisation and personal or professional projects
- Develop and be part of a community of peers for an enhanced learning experience, building lasting relationships with local changemakers
- Get access to meeting space and resources to develop your ideas beyond the course
NON-MEMBERS: CHF 135* (Includes a Starter Membership at 50% off for the duration of the course, as well as a drinks, snacks and materials for each of the workshops)
The Community of Practice is limited to 15 participants, selected on a first come, first served basis. The final deadline to register is February 15th. Priority will be given to learners who can attend all in-person workshops.
Becoming a Starter member gives you privileged access to our collaborative workspace, cutting-edge events and a vibrant local & global Impact Hub community. More specifically:
- A hosted and well-equipped meetup space to make sense of & practice the learning material, and support your journey.
A connection to people in our impact ecosystem through our Community App – entrepreneurs, changemakers and regional and international stakeholders – who are working to create a world that works for all.
*We wish to make this Community of Practice as accessible as possible while maintaining its own sustainability. However, if this price prevents your participation, please contact us and we can discuss an arrangement.